10.25.2008

Hard Times...

I wonder if anyone has about $1 billion to spread around? We could use some! This month has been a time of financial crunch. When you have 3 daughters, a mortgage, van payment, groceries, electricity, phones, internet, fuel, little bills here & there, doctor...all these bills are cause of some major headaches! Times are tough, cost of living is high, income is low, and there is really nothing anyone can do about it! The bailout didn't seem to affect us much, anyone else? The stimulus check came & went, anyone else?

It is hard when you have to start cutting corners here & there, when you've been used to having little luxuries without it causing too much pain to the checkbook. We don't have cable/satellite, no credit cards (which is good as I would be tempted), no expensive hobbies, etc. And yet we still find ourselves in this situation. Internet will be the first to go, I guess. Something we take for granted already, even though we just got it 2 months ago.

The things I am extremely thankful for despite the economic crunch...our good health, aside from colds the girls caught this week and Chris' strange rash that started with athlete's foot. I am thankful for not having credit card debt (something we've avoided on purpose) or huge hospital bills to add on. For a warm home to shelter us from the chill outside. For a van that gets us here to there. I am thankful for my daughters' love no matter how often I seem to mess up. For Chris' love through hard times & his persistence to figure out how to take care of his family. For God's grace, blessings & provision, even when we can't always see His hand on us.

So, what I am saying is that despite all the bad things, there are others worse off than us. Those without their own home, transportation or a job to even get the basics. Those who have lost someone they love & those who don't know the Saviour I know. I have it all!

May Christ bless you as you go about your life this week. I pray all of you see God's hand in your lives, no matter your circumstances. God be with you!

No comments: